+612 9453 1322
Weekly Cleaning Checklist
Once you are well into a daily cleaning regime, a weekly cleaning will not be as daunting as it sounds. The main objective of weekly cleaning should be thorough cleaning of the house. It is not an overwhelming task and with regular and efficient cleaning habits your weekly task can be minimalized.
Here is a checklist to help you get things done at the weekend and still have lots of time to spend with your friends and family.
Maintaining a Checklist Helps You To:
- Avoid frantic cleaning
- Share the errands with the others
- Get the stress off your shoulders
- To get things done with better proficiency
- Avoid putting off tasks
- Change and launder the towels washcloths and mats
- Clean and disinfect toilet bowls, sinks and bathtubs
- Clear the trash bins and get them washed
- Dust the light and fixtures
- Wipe the mirrors with cleaners
- Mop and clean the floors
- Fill up the liquid dispensers
- Take off and change the bed sheet and pillow cases
- Air the pillows and duvets
- Store away the read magazines and newspapers
- Empty trash bin and ash trays
- Dust all surface
- Vacuum clean the floors
- Organize the shelves and stack magazines and books lying around. Discard the ones you do not want to keep.
- Dust all the surfaces along with the furniture, and light fixtures.
- Dust and clean the electronic gadgets carefully
- Untangle the wirings
- Fluff and air the cushions
- Vacuum the upholstery and the floor
- Dust all surface including the furniture and décor
- Vacuum the sofa and the drapes
- Vacuum clean the floor
- Polish the china and silver wares
- Discard stale food from the fridge and counter
- Flush the drain with boiling water
- Wipe the kitchen surface including the backsplash, refrigerator, cabinets and cupboards.
- Use a sponge and cleaner to clean, oven, microwave and toaster
- Clean the light and the ventilation hood
- Clear and clean the trash bin
- Mop and clean the floor
Lobby, Stairways and Halls
- Dust and clean the staircase, banister, and all decors
- Machine wash any cushion or rugs
- Vacuum clean the steps and landings
- Wipe and clean any glass surface or mirrors
- Wipe and polish any metal surface
- Vacuum the floor
Along with a checklist there are a few more things to be considered to get your cleaning around the house, quicker and better. Here are few of those tips
Do not aim for perfection- do not pay too much attention to the details. If you are into weekly cleaning regime, be assured your home is clean. Wasting too much time on cleaning a certain corner would mean wasting your time.
Keep your supplies within reach-this certainly gets half the work done. Maintain a list of the things that you would need for cleaning around the house well within your reach while you are working. Carry them around in a bucket or a basket. If you are into natural cleaners, keep them ready and stored in plastic or glass spray bottles before you start cleaning. Keep an adequate amount of cloth and towels to be used as wipes. Keep rubber gloves, goggles and any other safety devices that you might need. Make sure that your cleaning gadgets are in working conditions and the tools are handy.
Plan strategically- it is best to work “top- down” and “outside- in”. Always start from the higher places in a room keeping the floors for the last. This would mean you will not have to redo the floors after you clean the walls and ceilings. Working outside in helps you to avoid getting dirt from the outside being trafficked inside all over again.
You can follow this schedule and tailor it to fit your need and convenience. House cleaning like every other task is easy if a routine is maintained. Regular cleaning saves time and the money needed to pay a professional cleaner.