+612 9453 1322
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Kitchen is the core of a home, and probably the area which is most prone to contamination and infestation. Keeping a kitchen clean is a must, whether it is a residential kitchen or a commercial one. It is for the safety of the people working in the kitchen as well as for those to whom the food is being catered. Often kitchen cleaning seems to be an additional chore, but if done methodically should be just a matter of minutes.
It is better to categorize the cleaning to daily, weekly and monthly regime, according to the dust and grime accumulation and the effort and time required. For example, cleaning the counter top and oven is a daily chore, but you can leave the degreasing of the oven for the weekend. Clearing the refrigerator is a weekly must but you can leave the thorough cleaning, defrosting and sanitization as a monthly schedule.
It is better to prepare a checklist for the kitchen and keep it hanging around, so that the tasks do not pile up and leave you in distress. Prepare three different lists, and go about checking off the tasks that you have already completed. Not only does it makes things easier, but it leaves you with an accomplished feeling, as you keep on checking the list.
Here is a checklist for kitchen cleaning, which might help you. You can customize it according to your priority and requirements.
DAILY CLEANING CHECKLIST FOR KITCHEN
- Clean the dishes and utensils after every meal. Whether hand washing or using a dishwasher, try not to pile up dishes in the sink
- Run the dishwasher and empty it promptly.
- Clear the kitchen counter and try to keep things away in their assigned spaces after use.
- Wipe and clean the kitchen countertops, and the stove top, with a moist cloth.
- Wipe of any major spill or stain immediately before it settles,
- Wipe the backsplash and other working spaces.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
- Wash the sink and unclog the drain mouth.
- Wash the kitchen towels.
- Empty the trash can.
WEEKLY CLEANING CHECKLIST FOR KITCHEN
- Check the refrigerator, clear and stale food.
- Wipe and clean the outside of every kitchen appliance.
- Check the pantry and refresh the stock as required
- Clean the inside of the microwave oven
- Flush the sink and kitchen drain with boiling water to keep them free
- Wipe and clean the faucets.
- Replace the kitchen towels
- Squeegee clean the kitchen surface and sanitize
- Mop and disinfect the kitchen floor
MONTHLY CLEANING CHECKLIST FOR KITCHEN
- Defrost the refrigerator, throw out items beyond expiry date
- Make a list of the items to restock
- Take down the shelves, clean and sanitize the refrigerator
- Check the pantry and list the items needed to be restocked
- Wipe the kitchen gadgets inside out
- Clean the dishwasher and the drainer
- Clean and sanitize the sink (you can use vinegar, baking soda and boiling water)
- Use a degreaser to clean oven and stove top thoroughly
- Organize the shelves and cabinets
- Dust and clean the lights, fixtures, switch plates and exhaust fan
- Clear the trash can, clean and sanitize it
- Scrub and mop the kitchen floor and spot clean the grouts
- Check the pest control system for its effectiveness
Apart from daily, weekly and monthly cleaning, also see to it that the doors and windows of your kitchen is clean and unstained. Make it a habit to clean them after every couple of months. Clean the kitchen fans and the ceiling corners too. You need to make kitchen cleaning a habit for the health of your family. You can call in a professional kitchen cleaner bi-annually or annually for that thorough and perfect cleaning.